Our Physical Therapy (PT) Department provides services that aim to maintain agility and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout a person’s lifespan. This includes services that will treat areas where movements are threatened by pain, injury, aging, diseases, disorders and conditions.
Healthway Medical takes pride in its trained, certified and duly licensed physical therapists – adept in manual therapy and functional training; they provide outstanding quality treatment in all aspects of rehabilitation.
REHABILITATION MEDICINE SERVICES
Musculo-Skeletal Ultrasound (MSK-UTZ)
- Interactive imaging procedure used to diagnose problems of muscles and other soft issues. It can also be used as a tool for treatment.
- Manipulative therapy of PTs to put pressure on muscle tissues and manipulate joints to treat musculoskeletal pain.
- Uses modality called TECAR (Transfer of Energy via Capacitive and Resistive), which makes use of high frequency electric current to relieve pain, accelerate tissue healing, improve circulation and joint mobility.
- Operates using acoustic waves generated by the machine that triggers biological effects which leads to faster and long-term healing and regeneration of the tissues. (available in Alabang Town Center and Shangri-La Plaza branches only)
- Utilizes specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissues to help accelerate the healing process.
- Training muscles to work together and prepare them for daily tasks by simulating common movements. It also emphasizes core stability.
Spray and Stretch
- Trigger point treatment technique with the use of medicated spray.
Kinesiology and Biomechanical Taping
- Utilizes a specially designed and highly elastic tape which could mimic muscles, absorb load and inhibit, facilitate or offload the muscle.
Temporo Mandibular Joint Rehabilitation
- Helps restore the normal function of the jaw and upper back by improving the alignment of the joint, relaxing muscles, increasing flexibility and decreasing inflammation.
Senior Agility Program
- Specialized exercise program for the elderly, taking into account – age and medical related restrictions.
- Series of exercises to maintain fitness during pregnancy and after delivery.
- Work conditioning, simple ergonomic analysis in the work place and education.
- Arthroscopy (in selected clinics only)
- ACL Reconstruction (in selected clinics only)
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injection
SPORTS MEDICINE SERVICES (available in SM the Block, Alabang Town Center and Shangri-La Plaza branches only)
- Fitness Program
- Pre-participation sports evaluation for professional and non-professional athletes of all ages to maximize health and their safe participation in sports or any physical fitness activity.
SERVICES FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Pain Management
- Manual Therapy
- Functional Exercises
- TECAR Therapy
- Temporo Mandibular Joint Rehab
- Senior Agility Program
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound